Blackburn

Thursday 25 April 2013

Tour Divide 2013 - Training Update

Didn't feel like getting out today.  Suck it up.  Turned out to be a good day for it actually.  Still a little cool, but once my motivation overcame my laziness I got out there and had a good time.  I am doing about 30-35 miles at a little quicker pace to get my time in 3 times a week and then back it off for my longer rides on the weekend.  I still find it hard to carve 6 workouts a week into my week so I try to make the best of the time I do have.  Every ride is a mini shake down.  Riding with different gear and trying to see what I can live without.  I would guess that heading up and down the Escarpment a few times gets me 1500 feet of climbing in.  Not nearly enough, but that's what I have to work with here.  Weather has been terrible so at least that has helped sort out my foul weather gear. My front and back rings are missing teeth and my bottom bracket is making a terrible noise.  Guess I got my monies worth out of that.  Trying to keep it together until the new parts arrive in the mail. 
Here is a look at Hamilton from the top with Lake Ontario in the back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment