Blackburn

Saturday 13 April 2013

Tour Divide 2013 - Gear Changes

First shake down ride of the year and I am making some changes.  Yes that is my dirty bike in the rec room and no, that is not a popular thing to do in my house.  Though I don't see the issue.

Having a small triangle on my frame I am forced to keep a lot more gear on in the saddle bag and the handle bar bag.  I am switching out my Porcelain Rocket Saddle bag for the Revelate bag.  Seems to be a little wider and deeper at the base and I can get a little more stuff packed close to the seat post.  This, I am hoping will allow me to get some stuff out of the handle bar bag and pack a little more bulk closer to the seat post.  I hope this will also help me get rid of the annoying, heavy dog tail feeling I got when my saddle bag was packed like and ice cream cone, top heavy and swinging unsupported away from the seat post.

I am taking a packable back pack for emergency food and water, and probably going to save some dough and use my old rain coat.   With no pack on my back my coat will be fine.  Trying to control temperature with the pack on was a terrible task last year, not to mention the extra weight.  Less to worry about as well, with my tendency to lose things.  I am looking for rainpant  suggestions. I will bring some but light and packable are a must.  I picked my last pair up in Banff before I left last year and they were terrible.  They had a mesh liner in them and they tore a hole in Day 4.

Also, Gore socks on order and Giro shoes.  Gloves are sorted and Long haul Greg you will be glad to know they do have clips that I can use to attatch them to my jacket. 

Thanks to E-Buddy for helping me get my bike back together. 

5 comments:

  1. Eeeek! I hope you get some time to break in those new shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. Not going to lie, I too am a little worried about that. I'm going to wear them to work, in the shower and maybe even to bed for a few weeks. If all else fails, and little bit of duct tape and crazy glue could fix my old faithfulls, maybe. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to following your progress. Kick It!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks MCL. Not long now! I will take all the support I can get!

    ReplyDelete